Back to main page
The planet/moon/sun code is my implementation of Peter Schlyter's excellent document on computing planetary positions.
The satellite code is the C++ port of sgp4.
The app is available on the App Store now here.
The source for this app is available here. The PlanetFinder code (used in versions before 1.6) is licensed under the terms of the GPL. The r3 library is primarily BSD-style license, however it uses Sean Barrett's truetype and image loading code, which he has put in the public domain.
Some things to note about the star3map source, if you choose to use it:
- PlanetFinder derived code (GPL) is used strictly for computing solar system body positions
- Star and constellation code carries BSD-style license
- r3 library uses BSD-style license
- bounds and linear algebra support derived from glh_linear.h
- truetype font support derived from Sean Barrett public domain code
- image loading support derived from Sean Barrett public domain code
- atom table for fast/efficient string compares
- drawing abstraction which includes immediate mode support for OpenGL ES
- many other elements modeled vaguely after those found in various id tech
- vars - like cvars
- command - convert text commands into actions
- console - for keyboard based command execution
- filesystem - abstract file access
- input - convert key bindings into commands
- output - display output text to console, stderr
- common elements like loading/saving input bindings and vars
- Source currently compiles and runs on iPhone and Mac platforms
If you have any questions or problems with star3map, please contact email@example.com